So it's officially 2011. The year of the baby. Or more accurately babies, since practically everyone I know is pregnant. I'm so excited it's January! I can't believe I'm going to have a baby next month (she's not allowed to come earlier than that - I'm not ready!) I am really excited about this year. I have so much to look forward to, and it's going to be a year of so many changes and new experiences.
It is odd not to have my normal resolutions/goals of losing weight for the new year. For the next few weeks at least I'll still be gaining because Lila is still packing on those ounces! But of course I will be focusing on fitness after Lila is here and I can start dieting/exercising.
I'm not making official resolutions this year, but I do have a few goals in mind:
1. Have this baby and be a good mom!
2. Breastfeed Lila for as long as I can (my true goal is 1 year)
3. Find mommy friends/connections in the community for support when I'm on leave and after
4. Be a good wife to Neil and balance being a mom with all the other things that I am
5. Exercise, diet and hopefully get back to my pre-pregnancy weight this year
6. Run my fastest 5K (shouldn't be too hard - under 34 minutes is my goal!)
So much of this next year will be unpredictable and full of changes, but I'm so ready for it!
Here's to a great 2011!!!