Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The 36 week update

I'm starting to get more and more anxious and ready to have this baby! Not only am I getting more uncomfortable, but I'm just ready to see her and hold her and start being a mommy. I feel like I'm in this weird time vacuum where I can't stop time from passing but I don't seem to be getting any closer to the end somehow! I'm sure once I'm full term next week and I'm hopefully making some progress at my appointment, I'll feel like things are happening. Oh and remember how the baby size corresponds with a different fruit each week? She is officially a watermelon! How did that happen!?

So much of the preparation for Lila's arrival is done. Her room is getting closer to being finalized, the basement has 1/2 a floor installed, I had my baby shower and I have one bag packed for the hospital and a master list ready to go. I've also made a list of last minute things I need to buy for baby and myself for in the hospital and immediately after the birth. We're getting so close! It is crazy because at my shower (which was great!) - I was saying bye to people and realizing the next time I saw them would be after Lila is here! It's truly crazy how soon we will get to meet this little one.

Alright, on the pregnancy side, I'm feeling crappier. It's hard to type, grip or hold anything because my hands are constantly numb and tingling. In the middle of the night and in the morning I'm in so much pain because of my hands! It sucks. I'm having more Braxton Hicks and starting to get some lower back pain and cramping. I wonder if that's just my body responding to the extra weight or if those are contractions or labor signs. I don't really know! Lila feels really low (she might have dropped?) so I constantly feel like I have to pee and there is a lot of pressure down there. But, enough complaining! This part will be over soon, and maybe because I'm having these issues now, she won't go past her due date? I can only hope.

Everything else is really pretty good. I need to get my butt in gear at work and wrap up projects and finish my annual review. It's just hard to concentrate because of all the things going on and I'm just not very comfortable anymore sitting and working on stuff (or standing - ha). Neil is back to MBA class tonight. Just 24 more weeks of classes for him! This is also his first day of having a full day of work and then going directly to class until 10. He's going to be so exhausted, poor thing. Just wait til he adds sleep deprived to the list.

Here is the photo from the shower that blows my mind at how big and round my belly really is. It's of me and my mom. My belly looks so much bigger in photos than in the mirror. It makes me laugh... it literally looks like I have a pumpkin in my dress. I never thought I'd be this pregnant! I mean, I knew I would, but I just couldn't fathom what I would look or feel like. All I can say is WOW.


She's definitely the size of a watermelon now!

Here is my weekly update:

How Far Along: 36 weeks and 1 day

Best Moment(s) this past week: My baby shower and spending time with my aunt this weekend

Current baby/pregnancy worry: There are really too many to name. What am I not worried about?

Movement: She's definitely still moving, but it's mostly softer movements and rolls and pushing or stretching. It feels so different because I'm used to her moving constantly and with smaller stronger movements.

Labor Signs: She might have dropped, more BH contractions, lower back pain, etc.

Food Craving: Chocolate, granola, fruit

Any new symptoms?: Waking up in the middle of the night and staying up for an hour or two... not fun.

What I miss: I miss wearing normal clothes. Like with a waistband and zipper. Hopefully I'll be back to that (in my old size) soon!!

What I am looking forward to: The weekend. Neil and I have a lot to do around the house but we plan to go eat at my favorite sushi place and go to a movie on Saturday! I'm also hoping we get the flooring done in the basement so I can start getting my house back in order after months of chaos.

Enjoy the week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck within these next few weeks! They really will fly by! You have a whole new life that will be starting soon so enjoy the time you have to get prepared and ready! You look great despite how big and uncomfortable you are feeling. Isn't it amazing how much that belly can grow?! And to think you still have 4 more weeks of growing!? Crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These last few weeks are tough, it's so hard playing the waiting game! You look great btw! Isn't it funny how a couple months ago we (at least I did) thought we were huge...I wish. Good luck with the flooring that will feel so good to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay, you look great! Very cute baby shower photos on facebook! I can't believe how close you are! It will be over soon and Lila will finally be here!! :)

    ReplyDelete