Monday, January 31, 2011

38.

I'm 38 weeks and my day has been pretty much entirely taken up by contractors, delivery men and satellite TV installers and trying to communicate important details between these guys and Neil... all while trying to work from home! It's so frustrating. We're trying to get Direct TV in our basement and living room and this involves drilling and holes and drywall and it's just a big mess because I'm not Neil and I don't know anything about it or how to answer any of the questions. Ugh! Hopefully it will all work out and we will have some TV channels at the end of this. OK, vent over.

Anyway! As I said, I'm 38 weeks today. That's pretty exciting, actually. I'm ready to meet my little girl, but if she holds out for two more weeks or so, I'm content with that too. I'm doing pretty well considering how pregnant I am. I'm trying to rest more and take it easier and just enjoy my time left before everything changes. I'm also not trying to do anything to bring on labor at this point. The closer I get to 40 weeks, I may start trying some natural induction techniques that aren't too crazy, just to try to avoid any unnecessary medical inductions. I'm pretty sure my OBgyn practice doesn't like people to go much beyond 41 weeks. I'd really like to avoid pitocin or any other icky induction stuff. I know sometimes its unavoidable and some people have a fine experience with induction, but I'm just trying to play it safe.

Lila is still moving around a lot in there and I wonder if she's ready to come out soon! In all honesty, if I could choose her birthday at this point, I would go into labor next Thursday, Friday or Saturday (the 10th, 11th or 12th). I'd love her to come at the end of the week so Neil can maximize his time off and to allow for visitors over the weekend. But who knows when our little one is planning to make her appearance.

We are still plugging away at the to-do list. My mom visited this weekend and we made and froze lots of meals and also stocked my pantry with easy to throw together dinners. This will help a lot in those first few weeks! Mom and I had a great time chatting and cooking and we did a little bit of shopping here and there, too. We are planning a shower for my friend Elizabeth who is due in mid-May, so we worked some on that and got a lot of the shopping and early prep done. It's so fun to plan for. The shower isn't until the first weekend of April, but because of Lila's arrival we wanted to get as much stuff done early as we can. We're doing a bee theme with black, yellow and white and everything is turning out really cute. I love having a reason to be crafty and I can't wait to celebrate the new baby!

How Far Along: 38 weeks

Best Moment(s) this past week: Spending one last weekend with my mom before I become a mom and she's grandma!

Current baby/pregnancy worry: How to contact Neil at work if I go into labor during the day and when to have him come home, etc.. That's kind of stressful because I don't want him to leave work before its necessary or if it's a false alarm.

Movement: Still moving like crazy, but I can tell she is sleeping a little bit more lately.

Labor Signs: Just cramps/backache and feeling her really low.

Food Craving: Girl scout cookies and root beer floats. Haven't had either. :(

Any new symptoms?: Same as last week.

What I miss: I miss working out, having a whole bunch of clothing options and my normal energy level.

What I am looking forward to: At this point, all that's really left is meeting Lila. I'm so looking forward to seeing her face for the first time, seeing Neil's face after she's here and just holding her in my arms. I also can't wait for our families and friends to meet her. I'm just so excited!

2 comments:

  1. Mike and I are excited to meet Lila too, just waiting on the phone call!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for her to show up! You are going to be an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete