Friday, January 21, 2011

Dear Lila,

Hey baby girl. Your daddy and I are getting so excited to meet you. You will be "full term" and healthy enough to join us in just a few days. Well, as much as I want to meet you, sweetie, I want you to stay in there until you are fully ready to come out. A few days ago I was getting impatient (and uncomfortable) and I hoped you make your appearance early. And vainly, I thought if you came early I wouldn't gain more weight or get any more stretch marks and my heartburn and carpal tunnel would go away! Well, even considering those things, I think I've changed my mind about wishing for an early arrival.

I know my life is about to totally change when you get here. I'm going to be home with you for a few months and I won't be going to work everyday like I'm used to doing. I'll probably not be sleeping very much and instead of focusing on myself or on shopping or on what book to read next, I'll be focusing on you. As much as I am ready for that change, I'm also not ready. So, if it's okay with you, stay in there for awhile, baby girl! I want to feel you kicking in my belly for a few more weeks... while I spend time with your dad, get things wrapped up nicely at work and get everything prepared for your arrival.

It might sound selfish, but I think I need these next few weeks to really be ready for you. So keep growing and getting smarter and healthier and cuter in there and I'll meet you so soon. I'm thinking February 12, 14 or 17 sound like great days to be born!

See you soon little one,

Your mama :)

No comments:

Post a Comment