Friday, January 14, 2011

Maternity fashion advice: Part 2

In my last fashion-related post, I shared my favorite clothing items for each stage of my pregnancy. I've also had some favorite things that have worked for me for the entire 9 months.

My favorite, can't live without items that have worked all pregnancy:

Skinny pants/jeans


I'm a big skinny jeans person and have been for a few years - they are so versatile and work from summer to winter. My fave pair is my black skinny pants from Motherhood - I just wish I would've had them for my whole pregnancy. Basically they are like heavier weight leggings with pockets that can be work appropriate. They work with ballet flats or heels, could be cuffed and worn with flip flops in warmer weather, and can be tucked into any type of boot from comfy Uggs to equestrian type ones. If you are pregnant, I say get them!


Foldover yoga pants


I got a pair of black yoga pants for $13 at Kohls and I'm kicking myself for not buying 2 or 3 pairs. They are super comfy and I know I'll be wearing them a lot post-baby. They are great for lounging, working out or running around shopping. If anyone knows of another good pair of yoga pants with a fold-over waist, let me know!


Maternity tanks with built-in bras


I wore camisoles with built-in bras practically everyday before I was pregnant, so it's no surprise that I needed some good maternity tanks. My favorite are from Kohl's because they are soft and long, but the ones from Motherhood have been good too. I bought gray, black and two in white.

Long Cardigans


I've worn the heck out of my longer hip-length cardigans this fall and winter. They keep me warm, camouflage any peekaboo maternity panels, and just look cute!

Scarves



Scarves are the best thing ever. I wear a lightweight pashmina type scarf almost everyday. They add color and (kind of) cover up a giant belly if you are self-conscious of it.


Cheap fleece jacket


I bought a gray/black fleece zip up jacket early in pregnancy for $15 at TJ Maxx. It's a North Face-esque fleece, but without the price. I bought an XL hoping I could wear it my whole pregnancy. It was big at first but now at almost 36 weeks it's still doing the job. It's a great go-to when I need to run out the door and not freeze.


Larger "boyfriend" T-shirts


Before I was pregnant, slouchy boyfriend v-neck tees were really in style. Because I bought them in a size up to make sure they were nice and slouchy, they still fit now!

Stay tuned for Part 3 coming shortly where I'll share some more words of advice about maternity style and what has helped me and what I will try to do differently next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment