Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Post-Christmas and 33 weeks

We had a great Christmas! I was able to be home with my parents from Thursday evening to Tuesday afternoon, and it was really great to spend extra time with them. Neil had to work on Friday until 2, and since we have workers in the house working on the basement, I thought I’d just get out of there early. He had to be back to work on Monday – so it worked out for me to spend extra time with my fam. When Neil got into town on Friday afternoon we immediately had lots of get-togethers to go to: Neil's grandmothers’ to open gifts with the Millers, back my parents’ house for hors d'oeuvres, then Christmas Eve service and an after-party with the Websters/Youngs and then to Neil’s parents to exchange gifts with them. They are so sweet they got Lila a stocking and had it filled with little goodies for her: pacifiers, socks, a rubber ducky, etc. We had a busy and fun Christmas Eve!


The Youngs and the Millers: Sy, Elizabeth (20 weeks pregnant), me (32 weeks) and Neil

I love this pic. These are two of my favorite people - basically family! Elizabeth is due 3 months after me and I couldn't be more excited. I always hoped we'd have babies close in age, and I'm extremely excited and lucky to be pregnant at the same time as her and have our babies grow up together! They are not finding out the sex, but I think Lila's future husband is on the way! You can kind of, almost, barely make out Elizabeth's baby bump - but I pretty much dwarf her! I joked that Lila's head was in the way. Can't wait to meet baby Young in May!

Christmas Day was fun too! I forgot to take any photos (oops). My parents had a yummy breakfast for us (Neil and I and my brother and his girlfriend) and then we opened stockings and gifts. We had a books only Christmas with them, and it was really fun! I got some books for me and some for Lila! I think everyone really enjoyed the book gifts. It was a really low-key way to do it, and pretty economical too.

We hung out until 4 or so and went over to the Millers for dinner and to watch all the grandkids open their gifts from Neil’s parents. We had a good time and played games and let the kids entertain us. When the masses left, we watched old home movies with his parents and talked and relaxed!

The rest of the weekend was pretty chill. We hung out with our families and Neil left for home on Sunday afternoon. Monday and Tuesday I spent shopping and watching movies with Mom and hanging out with my parents - it was nice and relaxing!

Now I am back home. I have the rest of the week off, and let me tell you it is really weird to see Neil off to work while I stick around in my pjs! I’m trying to be productive cleaning and organizing but I also got out today for some after-Christmas shopping while the basement crew was loudly stomping the ceilings.

I realize this is getting kind of long and detailed which I didn’t intend! So on the pregnancy front, I’m feeling a bit worse to be honest. I am getting up 2-3 times a night, Lila’s movements are painful at times, I’m getting Braxton hicks contractions a lot, and it hurts to pretty much do anything!

The worst is the trifecta of Lila punching/headbutting my cervix (she is really low), Braxton hicks, and little baby feet in my ribs. My whole 2-hour drive home yesterday was pretty much that, and it sucked. I’m not evicting her from the womb yet, but I am starting to get a little done with this pregnancy!

I did have a quick doctor's appointment on Thursday, and I'm happy to know that I was measuring exactly 32 cm which is right on target for 32 weeks. I don't have a giant baby! Yay! BP, weight, etc. was all fine. I go back Jan. 6 for my 34 week appointment. My first one with a male OB! There are like 9 doctors in my OB practice, and like 4 dudes, and somehow I haven't seen any of them yet!

How Far Along:33 weeks and 2 days. 47 days until my due date, 25 days until I'm full term (37 wks)!

Best Moment(s) this past week: Pretty much all of it! Christmas was great!

Current baby/pregnancy worry: I'm not so much worried about my weight right now, I'm just hoping I can get it off relatively quickly after baby! Oh and I've been thinking about breastfeeding a lot! I got to talk to my mom's friend Stacy (who breastfed her 2 1/2 year old and is currently BFing her 8 month old daughter). She had some great advice! I hope it goes well for me.

Movement: Constant, painful, strong movements everywhere!

Labor Signs: Lots of Braxton Hicks. Sometimes she is so low I swear she is kicking her way out.

Food Craving: Nothing specific, just hungry a lot! Oh, I pretty much have to have hot chocolate everyday.

Any new symptoms?: Not anything new, per say, just the ones I already had are worse.

What I miss: Nothing. I'm feel lucky to be pregnant and I'm not missing anything right now!!

What I am looking forward to: New Year's Eve party and 2011! Relaxing with Neil on Sat/Sun and making our New Year's goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment