Thursday, December 9, 2010

Appointment and Life Update

I had my 30 week appointment today and everything is just fine! I'm measuring on schedule (didn't get the exact fundal height - will do that next time), Lila's heart rate was 155, BP was a bit high but not bad, weight gain is okay (though higher than I'd like) and my cervix is still closed up with no signs of anything labor related happening. So everything is going well!

I have my next appointment the morning of Dec 23. I can't believe I'm already on the every 2 week schedule. We are getting so much closer to baby and all the crazy changes that will bring!

Speaking of changes, we've got some big ones happening in the Miller family. Neil got a job! His start date is Dec 20. We've been a one income family for awhile now, and even though Neil is still finishing up his MBA he desperately wanted to get back to the workforce - especially with a baby on the way. I'm really happy for him and proud of him, but it's honestly kind of bittersweet for me. I have loved having him home! He's stayed pretty busy of course, so he wasn't really "home" all the time, but I've gotten spoiled with the flexibility of having a spouse not working full time. I was excited for the possibility of both of us being home with Lila on my maternity leave. Now it's looking like we may be lucky with a week or so of time off for Neil. I'm going to be able to take extra time off now that we have more income coming in, but I'm kind of sad he won't be here to help me as much as I thought. I'm scared of doing it on my own, but I'm hoping I'll have help!

But overall, I'm happy about it. I know he will be happier and more fulfilled being back to work, and that is the most important thing, really. We never expected to have one of us stay home with baby permanently, and we're just super thankful for the "Christmas miracle" of starting a new job right before the holiday and before Lila arrives. Now she might get to go to college!! Har har. I've been joking that she doesn't need a college fund because she is going to trade school to be an electrician and make the big bucks!

So that's the news - Neil's going to work, just in time for me to have 4 months off. We will be making a lot of adjustments in the next few months and I hope Neil is okay working with little sleep!!

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I read your blog every once in a while and love the photos of your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks Andrea! I "liked" your blog on facebook. Love seeing your craftiness too~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please tell Neil congrats on the job! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete