Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Glucose Test: By the Numbers

Hours in hospital waiting room: 4.5
Ounces of orange-y goodness: 12
Vials of blood: 4
Times my veins rolled: Just 1!
Times I cried: Amazingly, just 1.
Bruise count: Zero so far
Total fasting hours: 14
Rounds at Chinese buffet after test: 2, or 3 including dessert!
Hours I napped this afternoon: 3.5

I won't know my results for a few days and they never gave me any of my scores, but hopefully I passed! I'm just glad it's over. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought. Here's hoping I never have to do it again!

2 comments:

  1. That's just crazy! I can't believe everything you had to go through for that!! I'm sure your numbers will be fine, but what an ordeal! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck, I hope everything turns out good. I can't imagine fasting for 14 hrs. I would start hallucinating and see people as food I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete