Monday, November 8, 2010

26 weeks and less than 100 days to go!

The little pregnancy ticker over there says I have 98 days to go until the baby's due date! 98 days still sounds like a long time but much shorter than the 266 days there are from conception to birth! This is also my last week in the 2nd trimester! We'll meet our little one really soon, and although I wouldn't say I'm totally ready I am definitely excited for her arrival.

Lila has been really active lately. She wakes me up in the middle of the night with her thumps and jabs and a lot of times during the day I can feel her moving and kicking around. I think she is living it up in there before she gets too big to move very much in the next couple of months. She should be right around 2 lbs. now and her full length is about 14 inches long (about the length of an English cucumber!)

I'm still feeling pretty good. I'm loving my Zantac for heartburn since the Tums were not cutting it. I still get a little uncomfortable sleeping but if I let myself sleep on my back some it's much better. Apparently, when a pregnant woman lies on her back, the increased weight of the uterus presses on the vein that returns blood from legs to heart. But! I've been reading up on it and apparently it's okay in a healthy pregnancy and as long as I try to not lay all the way flat I should be fine. Anyway, I'm sleeping okay. Not great but okay, and I'll take it!

I'm definitely feeling and looking a lot bigger! My belly is really round and I've noticed some of the t-shirts I've been wearing throughout my pregnancy are getting too short. All my maternity stuff still fits fine thank goodness! I haven't noticed any swelling in my feet or any other weird things. And no stretch marks so far!

Also, Neil and I have pretty much decided to do the elective 3D/4D ultrasound as a Christmas present to each other. We normally don't do gifts anyway, but I think we both really want to see her one more time before we meet her in person. I'm just curious how much she's changed since we last saw her two months ago. I can't wait to see her face and see how big she is! I wish we got multiple ultrasounds but my doctors office and insurance only does one unless there is a medical need. Needless to say, I'm glad I have no medical reason to need an ultrasound, so I will gladly pay for it!

We will probably go right before Thanksgiving, because 27-29 weeks is the optimal time to go. I can't wait to see her again! Well, here is my weekly update!

How Far Along: 26 weeks today
Total Weight Gain: Haven't weighed myself in a while!
Maternity Clothes: Mostly maternity. For example today I'm wearing maternity jeans and tank but a normal top and cardigan. It's warmer this week so I'm also wearing my leopard print flats!
Sleep: Pretty good this week for the most part.
Best Moment(s) this week: This is sad, but going to Buy Buy Baby in Lexington was really fun! They are opening one soon near my house and I'm so excited! It's a great baby store.
Gender: Girl.
Movement: Lots of movement most of the day. I think she moves in her sleep too!
Baby's heart rate this week: Only checked it once - 150 on the dot.
Food Craving: Nothing in particular. Oatmeal has sounded really good lately.
Symptoms: Same as always.
What I miss: Not much this week.
What I am looking forward to: Going home to visit my parents this weekend! My doctors appointment on Thursday (not looking forward to the glucose test, though) but I'm excited to see my regular OB this time. Oh and our first childbirth class is next Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! That's so exciting! I know people who have done the 3D/4D ultrasounds, and they're amazing! You'll have to tell me how the glucose test goes, but I'm sure you'll be fine. One of my coworkers said it's really not THAT bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous! I'm trying to talk Ty into getting a 3D u/s. We still have one more ultrasound at the doc's office, too. I'm also jealous you're craving oatmeal. I wish I was. My only craving is "sit down and eat as much chocolate as you possibly can".

    ReplyDelete