Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Getting closer... 29 weeks!

I'm 29 weeks and 1 day today, which means the countdown is on!

Due date: 11 weeks away
Full term: 8 weeks away
Hometown baby shower: 6 weeks away
Christmas: 4 weeks away

Can you believe tomorrow is the first day of December? I already put up some of my Christmas decorations yesterday (not doing the big tree this year) but I still need to get some other things from Hobby Lobby or Michaels. I am so excited about buying new stockings and stocking holders. I'm going to buy 4 matching ones and I really want to get them embroidered with our names - leaving one blank for a future Miller baby. Maybe I should by 5 just in case...

Anyway, everything is going well on the pregnancy front. Lila is a dancing machine and her kicks and punches are crazy sometimes! I swear this girl does not sleep! She is constantly moving and twirling and flailing about. It's so cute but definitely can hurt! I've talked to a few moms recently that said that after she's here I will miss her kicking inside my belly. So I'm just going to enjoy it!

I'm still feeling good. I'm not super uncomfortable yet, and I haven't had any issues with swelling, stretch marks, waddling, Braxton Hicks or any other things that can happen in the 3rd trimester. I'm still feeling very lucky.

I've been thinking more about the birth, breastfeeding, choosing a pediatrician, childcare for when I return to work, college savings and all those other BIG important things that come with having a child. It's a bit overwhelming, but I feel confident that it will all turn out great! Neil is a bit distracted with basement finalizations but he's been awesome about taking time to discuss things as I'm thinking about them. On Monday, in addition to taking our last childbirth class, we are going to a prenatal visit at a nearby pediatrician that we are considering. I've also started contacting childcare providers as well and thinking seriously about when I want to return to work (most likely early to mid-June).

I have an appointment next week and then I start going every 2 weeks, then once a week. I am anxious but I think I'm starting to mentally prepare for this stage of pregnancy and labor. I just can't wait to see Lila in person and get this show on the road!

Since I'm further along now, and since we all know I'm wearing maternity clothes and that the baby is a girl - I'm changing up the little survey:

How Far Along: 29 weeks and 1 day.

Best Moment(s) this past week: Having 4 days off, eating turkey, visiting with family

Current baby/pregnancy worry: Is it crazy that I'm already worrying about going back to work, and I haven't even left for maternity leave yet?

Movement: Oh yes! Almost constantly. Mostly in the early morning and around midnight. Her kicks hurt so bad sometimes!

Labor Signs: None. I think I might have had a BH contraction or two, but I'm not sure. Part of my belly got really hard for a bit and then went back to normal. It might have just been Lila's little butt pushing against me!

Food Craving: Turkey/dressing still sounds good even after 3 Thanksgivings and many days of leftovers. Of course sushi and chocolate, as always.

Any new symptoms?: Not really. A bit more back pain, maybe? Oh and crazy vivid dreams!

What I miss: Being able to do things on my own that I used to: Get up off the floor, take my own boots off, roll over in bed!, pick up things off the floor, etc. It's also getting much harder to paint my toenails and shave my legs!

What I am looking forward to: My mom is visiting this weekend! Yay! We are planning to do some shopping, maybe see a movie (Tangled!), do some decorating and just spend some time together. I didn't see her for Thanksgiving, so I'm excited. :)

Happy December everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment