Thursday, August 5, 2010

Things Loved in July

1. Smoothies



I've been drinking a lot of smoothies, and I can't get enough! I make them at home and the cafe at my work has them. I think it is a pregnancy craving but the fact that it has been over 95 degrees here the last couple days means it's not really a wacky pregnancy craving.

2. Saltines



I often eat saltine crackers right before bed to combat morning sickness (which I mostly get at nighttime). I love the mini ones! FYI: they have high fructose corn syrup in them. Bummer.

3. How I Met Your Mother and Prison Break





I've watched all of Season 3 and almost all of Season 4 of How I Met Your Mother this past month. I LOVE that show but have missed a lot of the episodes, so it's been fun to watch the series all the way through. Neil and I just finished Season 1 of Prison Break, which is amazing! We watched episode 1 of Season 2 last night, and this show just keeps getting better. I wonder if we can finish the series (4 seasons total) before baby comes?

4. Angelsounds Fetal Heart Monitor



I bought an Angelsounds Fetal Heart Monitor at 8 weeks (Amazon, $25) I didn't actually pick up a heartbeat until Tuesday at 12 weeks 2 days! It's still been fun to play around with. I counted the beats per minute and it was right around 160 which is what it was at my OB appointment last week. I tried it again the next day and couldn't find it that time, so I am going to try to use it only a couple of times a week since I don't think it will be easy to find it every time this early. (UPDATE! Heard it again last night and found it within seconds. Love that sound!) It's a little static-y and not that loud, but I'd recommend it for people wanting a cheap doppler to try out.

That's what I loved in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment