Monday, August 23, 2010

15 weeks down, 25 weeks to go!

Today was my 15 week checkup and everything looks great. I've gained 1 pound since the last appointment 4 weeks ago. Baby's heartbeat was loud and clear and in the 150s. I got a prescription for migraines if I need it, and I scheduled my ultrasound! Neil and I will finally get to see our baby and find out the sex on Friday Sept 17!!! I am so excited to have a date for the ultrasound! And its set for two days before my birthday! I'm so happy I was able to schedule it for then. What a great birthday present.

When I walked in to the OB's office this morning for my 8:55am appointment, I told them my last name and the girl behind the desk said, "You're late for your ultrasound!" I was so confused... I said, I don't think I have an ultrasound today.. I'm 15 weeks and I only get one between 18-20 weeks. She realized that there were two Millers that morning and it wasn't me! I told her if she wanted me to get an ultrasound, I would! Ha! But now I really have one coming up. It'll be here before I know it. The weeks are literally flying by!



How Far Along: 15 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 4 lbs total!
Maternity Clothes: I've been buying some, but don't need them yet. My Bella Band is awesome!
Sleep: Sleeping great. Even when our A/C went out this past weekend.
Best Moment(s) this week: A successful event at work on Friday, eating at Red Lobster and shopping with my mom at the outlet mall.
Gender: Will know September 17.
Movement: I might have felt something the other day. But I don't know what it feels like!
Food Craving: I've been starting to want iced coffee, so I've gotten a couple decafs lately.
Symptoms: Bad symptoms are pretty much gone. Some weird belly feelings - poking, twinges and stretches. Still getting up to pee every night at least once.
What I miss: Nothing really! I actually like being pregnant!
What I am looking forward to: Teaching my first class on Thursday and enjoying the awesome weather this week!

Also, I think I've decided on some baby gear - at least some of the big items. We're thinking of the Chico Cortina travel system:


A Graco Pack n Play with changing table and newborn sleeper:


And the Graco Lauren Crib and Changing Table in white:


I also have bought the pattern for the baby bedding I plan to make. Fabric will come later, but here is the pattern. There are lots of pieces but I just plan to make the bumpers, sheet and crib skirt.



Yay for decisions. Also, I think its finally setting in for Neil that this baby is coming relatively soon. We were in Babies R Us with his parents this weekend, and I heard him say to them, "Well, we still have 7 months to go!" I had to remind him, that I am in my 4th month of this pregnancy, and we have 5 months to go, not 7!!! No wonder he is so nonchalant about everything! Glad I got him straightened out. Now maybe it'll be easier to convince him to make decisions and buy some stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment