I'm participating in the 2nd Annual Commenting Challenge over at Jenna's Journey. I LOVE reading blogs but rarely comment. And I so love getting comments, so this is a good challenge for me to make sure I'm leaving comments for others! I also love finding new blogs to follow, especially mommy and baby blogs!
I wanted to tell my new visitors a little about myself since many of you are stopping over for the first time.
The basics: I'm Lindsay, I'll be 28 years old in September and I have a wonderful husband Neil and a 4.5 month old daughter Lila. We live in Ohio and I work at my alma mater Miami University as a librarian.
That's us when Lila was about 2 weeks old. I would've had a shower and gotten highlights had I known I was going to be in these photos, but looking back I'm so glad I had the photographer take them. Yeah, I look like a frazzled new mom, so what!? I cherish these early family pictures and I already can't remember when she was that small!
Random things about me:
- Neil and I just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary on July 1st. That means 5 years ago today we were sitting blissfully on a beach in St Thomas enjoying our wonderful 2 week long honeymoon!
Neil and I at our outdoor wedding ceremony on July 1, 2006.
- I love fashion and shopping. I actually started this blog as a fashion blog but I was pretty sure it would evolve into a pregnancy and baby blog. And it did!
Yep I took great photos of myself, haha.
- I am a musical theatre nut. I love Broadway musicals and I've performed in a lot of community theatre productions and was always on stage in high school. My favorite role I've played is Laurey in Oklahoma because I grew up watching that musical and loved singing all of the songs on stage.
Neil and I in a high school musical production of "Me and My Girl"... Did I mention Neil and I have dated since high school?! We are 17 and 16 in this photo!
- Today is my daughter's first day in daycare and I'm so nervous! I hope she is doing okay and I honestly can't wait to go and pick her up! I'm writing this during my pumping break at work and it's only 10am... still a long day to go. I'm hoping she has a great day and I'm the only one that's a wreck. ** I just got a text from the daycare! She's doing great. Eating well and napping and very happy! I LOVE that they text me during the day! **
One of my favorite pics of my daughter Lila!
- I loved being pregnant (and wrote weekly updates on this blog!) and want another child someday but I'm still a little scared to go into labor and give birth again. I had an emergency c-section after Lila's heart rate kept dipping lower and lower at one point it was 50! Turns out she was completely wrapped up in the cord. She's completely okay but I'm totally traumatized! You can read her birth story (in two parts) here and here.
I think I was around 40 weeks pregnant here. I had Lila at 41 weeks and 2 days!
- I am obsessed with baby names and naming trends. It's a weird little hobby. I post on baby name forums (yes there are others like me) and have thought about what I would name my kids since I was maybe 13? And by "thought about" I mean I've made lists and lists of first and middle name combinations and sibling names that go together and thought of nicknames, etc... Lila was actually pretty easy to name because Neil only really liked the name Lila out of my top choices. And yes, I've already started "naming" our future second child.
- I LOVE my smart phone. Neil and I both got HTC Evos right before Lila was born and it has been the best thing ever. I felt so connected after she was born and I was able to upload pics, post to facebook and the blog. It was great for those loooong feeding sessions in the beginning and really kept me sane in those first few weeks!
That's a bit about me. I look forward to reading everyone's blogs. I'd love to read your comments and have you follow along with me!