We had this yummy treat at a Memorial Day party and just had to make it for the 4th of July! It's so simple and refreshing on a hot day. It's perfect for cookouts and for people like me who hate to cook or bake when it's hot!
- graham cracker crust, homemade or store bought
- quart of vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 container Cool Whip (we used Sugar Free), thawed
- 1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
- a little bit of fresh lemon juice (optional, but makes the pie more tart and lemon-y)
All you do is combine the ingredients in a large bowl and pour into the crust and freeze for at least an hour. Be careful not to overflow the crust. We had extra, so my resourceful husband used the Cool Whip container to save the excess and froze that too.
We've only tried plain lemonade, but I really want to try this with pink lemonade and limeade. Enjoy!