Sunday, February 27, 2011

So little time and so little sleep

I have so many thoughts in my head and no time to write them down. I want to record Lila's birth story. For those who don't know I had an emergency c-section after 3 occurances of fetal distress and low fetal heart tones. Scariest most surreal moments of my life.

I also want to write about my feelings about being a mom, how amazing my husband has been with our daughter and with me as I recover physically and emotionally from such a traumatic (but still beautiful) birth, and lots of other details and anecdotes about the last few crazy days.

But there is no time. I didnt even talk to my own brother until today 4 days after the birth. But even though there have been bumps in the road and I've literally slept like 12 hours in 4 days, things are good.

Neil goes back to work and school this week and I'm sad and terrified. Thank goodness my mom is here. I can't drive or do stairs or bend over or lift anything, so it is impossible without help. Neil has really taken the lead while I've been recovering. He is absolutely amazing. Words just can't describe. He's a great dad and husband just like I knew he'd be.

Lila is doing great. She is a good baby but is sometimes hard to settle and seems to have gas and belly issues. Because she lost more than 10% of her weight in the hospital, we've had to supplement a bit with formula, but now that my milk is coming in I've started pumping and giving her breastmilk in a bottle. She is taking to it well. I just hope she's gained weight at her appt. tomorrow. She was down to 7 lb 2 oz in the hospital. She is just so tiny. Poor thing has no clothes because I didnt buy any newborn stuff for her. Hoping to fix that soon.

Well Lila is sleeping on Neil's chest on the couch. Hopefully she is ready for her long sleep of the day. She usually will do one 5 hr stretch. I should probably sleep too.

I hope to update soon with more photos and hopefully at least part of her birth story.

Wish us luck this week. We have a dr appt, nurse home visit and will hopefully be ready for more visitors! Now that I'm feeling better I think I'm ready for that.

Hope to post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment