Friday, February 11, 2011

Appointment Update: 39 weeks and 4 days

I'm so relieved! I had a really good appointment today. After one super high false high BP reading, I had three consecutive normal ones! All of them were right around 120/80. Dr. Narendran was very happy with that and attributed it to me being on bedrest this past week. I have very little swelling in my ankles as well. I guess I really did just need to rest and stay home. I'm so happy because she said she would not be inducing me and thinks I will go into labor naturally in the next few days. I made an appointment with her for next Wednesday the 16th, but hopefully I won't need it. And if so, that's okay too. Of course it's no fun to go past my due date, but I will if that's what has to happen! I mean, I've been pregnant since May - what's a few more days?

I'm still not dilated and I forgot to ask about effacement. I was concerned about still not being dilated at all, but the doc was not. She explained that she feels better about someone like me whose baby is really low and is not dilated at all, than a woman who is 3cm and has a baby that is still up high. She explained that since my baby has already dropped that my labor may be a little easier and quicker since Lila won't have to travel too far. Basically once I actually start dilating Lila is going to come right out of there! Hopefully that means less pushing for me! She also assured me that plenty of people who are not dilated at all in the morning can go into labor later that day.

Dr. Narendran also said that she doesn't expect me to go much past my due date since I'm so certain about my conception day and that the baby is already so low. She is the on call doctor Monday night through Tuesday. I'd love for her to deliver Lila! My other favorite doctor in the practice, Dr. Lee is on call the next day. So, we'll see what happens!

Symptom wise, I'm fine for the most part. I'm feeling a lot of pressure and crampiness still. I slept pretty well last night and only got up once. I don't have a lot of energy, but I am trying to conserve what I do have for labor! I'm in a much better mood now too. I was very worried about my BP and the possibility of getting induced. I'm just really relieved and happy that everything is okay. Lila is still moving a lot but the poor thing has to be so cramped. I'm guessing she is a pretty long baby, so she is basically folded in half in there. I'm going to go out on a limb and try to predict her birth length and weight. Keep in mind we have not had a medical ultrasound since week 18 when the baby was like 9 oz! All I'm going on is that she's been measuring on track and the doctor said today she's not too little or too big from what she can tell. My guess: 8 lbs 8 oz. and 22 inches long. Neil thinks she's a 9-pounder, but I think he's nuts.

Anyway, my plan for this weekend is to spend lots of time with Neil, get out and walk (maybe even outside since it's warming up), finish writing thank you cards and probably make a stop by the brand new Chick-fil-A by our house. We actually went already on opening day, but just got a milkshake. Neil absolutely loves Chick-fil-A so we have to eat lunch there the first weekend its open! I hope everyone has a great weekend! Maybe next time I post I'll have some fun baby news!

2 comments:

  1. I've been checking your blog all morning waiting for your update! That's great news! I hope you have a quick delivery and it happens very soon! :) I'm going to keep checking back! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad to hear everything went well. I hope she comes when you doc is on call, too. My dr delivered my daughter and it was really nice as I just felt so comfortable with her handeling everything. Good luck to you guys and I hope your labor and delivery are everything you dream they will be :)

    ReplyDelete