Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Baby by the Weekend

Looks like there is an actual end in sight and we will have a baby by this weekend! I had an appointment today. My blood pressure is fine, Lila's heartbeat was 135. I'm dilated to 1cm and have effaced and softened more. The doctor swept my membranes (which was pretty darn uncomfortable) which might help send me into labor soon. But if the baby doesn't come by Friday morning, I'll go to an appt. at 9am and will be induced later that day. Depending on where my cervix is that morning I'll either be induced with Cervidil first or go straight to having my water broken and/or Pitocin.

My doctor seemed impressed that I've kept it together so far and was happy that I was able to wait until Friday to schedule the induction. That gets us to almost 42 weeks. So we are looking at a likely birthday of Feb. 25 or 26 or at the latest the 27th. So much later than I thought, but my daughter is already teaching me how unpredictable motherhood can be!

I'm so excited to finally meet our baby girl! I am still holding out hope that I go into labor before Friday, but trying to be optimistic if I do have to go through with the induction. I'm just happy to move on from being pregnant to being mommy. I'm so ready. I am scared and anxious about labor but I'm hopeful that everything will go just fine.

I'm going to spend the rest of the week getting last minute things ready. I want to double check my hospital bags, stock the house with some food for when we come home and do some last minute tidying up and cleaning.

I'm thrilled about meeting Lila. I can't wait to see her face and hold her for the first time. I especially can't wait to see my baby girl with her daddy! I'm so happy get this next stage of our lives started and finally become a family of 3!

I plan on posting one last pregnant photo before I check into the hospital, but otherwise you should be seeing pictures of our baby girl here in a few days!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Try eating some spicy foods and jogging around - jk! :) I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see pictures of Lila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are doing really good for being almost 42 weeks pregnant. I can't even imagine. One of my friends and my doctor told me to get one of those big exercise balls and roll my hips around on it. It helps get the baby lower in the pelvis. The day after I went out and got that ball, I had Evan! I think it helped! Same thing happened with my friend, she got the ball, that night she was in labor! Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to have her on the 26th! That's my dad's birthday! I'm sorry we didn't get together last night. I was thinking you had gone into labor and didn't want to bother you two. I hope you are feeling good, and Neil is helping you stay calm and collected! Hurry up Lila!!!

    ReplyDelete