Friday, October 9, 2009

Let's get it started

Hey there. Well, I'm starting a blog. I've actually done this a few times before! I created a short-lived blog about my daily fashion choices which quickly fizzled. I realized I didn't really want to take a photo of myself everyday, and I wasn't quite sure anyone else wanted to see one! I also started a blog a few years ago to help support my goals for exercise and weight loss - and I eventually lost interest in that blog too.

So, I thought I'd be more interested and more interesting in writing in a sort of all-inclusive, no holds barred type of blog. Without any restraints I will hopefully be free to blog about whatever I feel like on any given day. My interests are kind of all over the place - so don't be surprised if I touch on any of these topics:

  1. I love fashion, and I follow about 30 different daily fashion blogs. These are incredibly creative, fashionable women who somehow make the time to look fabulous and take great pictures of themselves everyday! I'm inspired by them, and plan to share some of my thoughts about fashion and maybe even a few outfits on this blog.
  2. I am a librarian and I love reading. I tend to blow through quite a few books per month, and I'd love to share my thoughts on recent books I've read, all time favorites, and share reading suggestions. My favorite genre is definitely memoirs/biographies but I love good fiction and young adult books too!
  3. My husband and I have owned a home for about 3 years - so I have a lot to say about the joys and pitfalls of being a homeowner. Our house is only about 7 years old, so no big renovation projects yet, but I do a lot of decorating! We are hoping to finish our basement in the next year - a huge project!
  4. We are hoping to become a family of 3 in the next couple of years. I've been obsessed with baby names forever, but have just recently developed an interest in all things baby! I've been researching just about everything there is about fertility, pregnancy and motherhood.
  5. One of my goals before trying to get pregnant is getting back into shape. I go through phases of being really gung-ho about healthy eating and exercise OR not really caring at all. Right now I'm trying to get myself in gear and get serious about being healthy. I'm hoping to drop 15 lbs before next summer.
So, I have a lot of stuff in my head and can't wait to start getting it all out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment