- Chai lattes. About 2 months ago I stopped drinking coffee, but I've found that a vanilla chai latte is just as enjoyable as my previously beloved pumpkin spice latte to warm me up in the colder weather.
- Patterned tights. I'm loving this trend - I am really only into the subtle geometric patterns so far, but cute hosiery is definitely easing me into colder temps in style!
- Scarves. One of my favorite accessories. I have a lot of lightweight pashmina scarves and I love sporting them all through fall and winter.
- Football. I'm starting to really become a football fan. I cheer for the hometown Cincinnati Bengals and the Steelers because of their QB fellow Miami-grad Ben Roethlisberger.
- Fall colors for decor and fashion. I've gladly traded in my lemon yellows and hot pinks for dark plums, rusty oranges and chocolate browns. It's fun to switch it up.
- Lotion. I have really sensitive dry skin so I'm holding tight to my lotions and creams to avoid any problems this winter with dry skin!
- Candy corn. Never was a fan of this stuff until I found out about combining it with peanuts. So yummy! Tastes like a payday candy bar.
- New TV shows. We don't get many channels with our HD rabbit ears - but I'm loving the new seasons of Amazing Race and Biggest Loser and my favorite new show GLEE!
- Trying new recipes. I've been cooking a lot of casseroles and other new dishes for fall. It's fun to experiment with new meals and I'm hoping to break out the crockpot soon.
- Snuggling. I can never seem to get warm in my house so I love snuggling up with my husband in bed or on the couch. He may not have a lot of body fat but he's the comfiest snuggliest person I know!
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Summer is my favorite season, but fall is a close second. I thought I'd share my top 10 things I'm loving this season.