Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Baby Rosalie: 28 weeks

I had my 28 week appointment this morning and it went really well! I had another ultrasound to check on the choroid plexus cysts on the baby's brain. Looks like they are gone or have shrunk so much the ultrasound tech wasn't concerned. I will have another ultrasound in 4 weeks to check again. I'm not sure it's really necessary, because no one (including me) is very concerned, but I'm not going to refuse an ultrasound! I love getting to see my baby girl! I think they are just covering their bases.

Baby Rosie was doing great in there. She was moving a lot and everything looked good. She was head down but still obviously moving and switching positions a lot. Her heart rate was in the 140s and they estimate her at 2 lbs. 11 ounces, which is just slightly bigger than average for 28 weeks (2.5 lbs). I am also measuring 28 weeks and so is baby. We didn't get very many good photos because she had her hands over her face most of the time. It was really cool to see her moving around in there as I felt her kicking and moving.

There are 10 doctors in my OB practice and I've been trying to see all of them. I saw a male doctor today and he was one of the most supportive of VBAC so far! He was so casual about it. He was like, "You'll be great. You're not going to rupture." Which sounds a bit glib, because I could, but I like the confidence.

He basically said I'd be treated like any other laboring mom, except I'd need an IV placed and they will want to keep me on the monitors most of the time. He said I can have breaks from them to go to the bathroom, take a shower, get in the bath, etc. But I'd need to be monitored most of the time (contractions and baby's heart rate) but not constantly. He also said they have wireless monitors so I can move around!

He also said that I should really let my labor progress a bit before I come in and that I should wait until I'm in active labor to show up and there is no need to get there early to be monitored. If I have weird pain or bleeding I should get there quick, but otherwise I should labor at home for a few hours before I go in and definitely know I'm in labor. This was awesome news!!! I feel pretty good since I am only 15 minutes from the hospital. I'm honestly so relieved and optimistic about the birth at the moment. It's such a relief!

Otherwise, I'm doing well! I've been trying to take it easier and I've been sleeping okay. My symptoms are the same as always: heartburn, back pain, peeing a lot; but I've added some Braxton Hicks into the mix. Just a couple times a day.

Here's what I'm looking like now:



No comments:

Post a Comment