Friday, September 13, 2013

Baby #2: 25 Weeks

Baby girl is 25 weeks along, and I'm going to do my first real whining/complaining of this pregnancy! It goes without saying that I'm extremely lucky and thankful to have a healthy baby and an uneventful pregnancy so far. I know lots of people would love to be in my shoes. With that said, I am allowed to complain once in a while. Pregnancy sucks, let's be blunt. It's ridiculously cool and miraculous too, but I'm started to get all the aches and pains and annoyances and I still have over 3 months to go (14 wks and 5 days til Christmas, ya'll!)

Yesterday was bad. I woke up in the middle of the night (it ended up being about 4:45am) with the worst charlie horse of my life! Imagine being awakened out of a dead sleep with excruciating pain! I've been trying to hide my sweet limp since then and it hurts to walk! The charlie horse was brought on by me trying to flip myself over in bed, because I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable. My hip goes numb if I lay too long on one side and I need like 5 pillows to be comfortable for any length of time.

In addition to those two the sleeping issues and charlie horses, I am having extreme tailbone pain. It hurts (like wincing in pain) to stand, lay, sit, drive, bend over, pick up Lila, pick up stuff off the floor, etc. Walking is the only truly comfortable position/movement at the moment. I have been trying to stretch, do yoga, take it easy in the evenings (sorry Neil), not do as many physical things at work, get more sleep, etc and nothing is really working. I really hope this goes away!

I am getting A TON of movement from baby, and she is kicking/punching down low, up high, on the sides and everywhere. Some of her kicks are actually pretty painful and surprising! Strong little girl. I really don't remember Lila being this strong and active at 25 weeks. 

All and all, things are good. I'm looking forward to my birthday next week and my 28 week ultrasound on Oct 2! 


No comments:

Post a Comment