Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lila: 1 Week Update

I can't believe my baby girl is a week old! She has changed so much in a week. She's losing the brand new newborn look and her features are becoming more apparent. She's getting more alert in her awake times and she's just such a good baby!

Lila on day 1:



And on day 7:


I'm biased, obviously, but I just think she's a beauty!

Exciting things this week:

First sponge bath
First doctor visit
Doing great on nursing! Every 2 hours during the day and every 3-4 at night. Mama's tired!
Started doing about a minute of tummy time a day
Visits from lots of friends and family
A lot of lounging with me and Grandma!
Wearing newborn size diapers and clothes
Sleeps for a 4 hour stretch at night
Likes white noise, swaddling and eating
Hates being delayed to eat, cold wipes and crinkling paper/plastic


My updates:

I'm healing well from my c-section. My incision looks great, I have a lot of bruising and I'm still sore, but I've stopped taking my pain meds and I'm moving around much better.

I've lost about 20 lbs since delivery and my belly is definitely shrinking! Pretty sure I still weigh more than Neil, though! Boo.

I'm feeling pretty confident as a mom and I'm definately proud of myself, especially since I successfully was able to nurse again after considering exclusively pumping because of latching issues. I'm happy things are working out on that front! Nursing is hard and time consuming but I'm starting to love it.

Happy 1 week, Lila!

No comments:

Post a Comment