Lila at one month:
Weight - 9 lb, 11.5 oz ~ 60th %
Length - 21.5 in ~ 50th %
Head circumference - 14.5 ~ 50th %
Lila is very average in size and very proportional. I'm so happy about her weight gain. She lost 10% of her weight in the hospital and was down to 7 lb 2 oz, in less than a month she's up 2.5 lbs? Amazing! She's a great eater, and I'm proud to know all the hard work breastfeeding is really paying off.
Diapers: Size 1, we prefer Pampers swaddlers sensitive
Clothes: almost all 0-3 months. Some newborn stuff still works if it has stretch
Eating: Lila eats 10-12 times a day. She is exclusively breastfed on demand and since I don't have much time to pump she's not been taking a bottle much at all. She cluster feeds in the evenings, which means she's pretty much constantly attached to me from 6 or 7 until she goes to bed. This is the hardest thing about nursing! It is so exhausting!
Sleep: Well, it's pretty hit and miss. Sometimes she gives us 4 hours in a row at night. Other times she's up every 2-3 hrs. She naps during the day here and there, nothing very predictable though. She loves being swaddled and can sleep anywhere but prefers mommy or daddy's arms.Nicknames / what we call her:
Pretty girl, little girl, pretty, fussy butt, sleepy gus, sweetie
- started smiling at 2.5 weeks
- loves walks and riding in the car
- likes the bath as long as she doesn't get too cold
- getting better at tummy time, can lift and turn her head
- she's liking the swing and bouncy seat more
- can focus on faces and follow an object
- loves music! Especially Glee
- developed acne around 3 weeks, poor girl
- i've started reading to her. She likes looking at black & white illustrations
- does well with other people holding her, especially her grandparents
- she's a noisy eater and sleeper - she snorts and grunts and farts!
- she is the most comfortable when whoever holding her is absolutely uncomfortable
- I love when she wakes up and watching her stretch. She makes the greatest faces!
- she spits up on Neil pretty much every time he picks her up
- she did poop on my lap this month, though!