Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3 weeks

Well, little Lila is 3 weeks today. It's been a blur! She's doing great. Fussy still in the evenings, and its sometimes hard to get her down to sleep at night, but it could be worse.

We've tried Mylacon and gripe water for gas. Not sure if its working, just tried the gripe water last night. Admittedly, we've let her sleep in bed with us a few hours here and there. Usually on one of our chests, but sometimes in the bed. I can never sleep though cause I worry about the blankets or rolling over on her.

One thing I've realized in my short tenure as a mother is the importance of doing what works for you and baby, even if its something you said you'd never do, or something your friends or family might think is wrong or weird. Going with your gut is the best thing to do sometimes.

Breastfeeding is still going well. Lila eats about every 1-3 hours during the day and usually gives me a 4-5 hour break at night. Its exhausting and harder than I thought, but I'm so glad to be able to do it. I pump once or twice a week, but she doesn't seem to like the bottle much.

Lila has some baby acne, which isn't very pretty but should go away on its own. It showed up the day after her newborn photos which was great timing. The photos are great, by the way. Can't wait to share them! Lila did so well and we got some great shots.

She is outgrowing some newborn stuff, and has moved to size 1 diapers. Most 0-3 months stuff is still too big. She is definately getting longer and heavier!

Her next appt. is next week. I'm nervous because she has to get some shots! Poor baby and poor mommy. Luckily Neil has the day off and will be there with us. I'm also finally getting my hair cut and colored that day! Long overdue.

As far as my recovery, I'm feeling good. I've driven, gone to Walmart on my own, and ran errands with my parents when they've visited. Stairs are getting easier and sleeping in more comfortable. For those curious about my postpartum weight loss, I'm down 25 lbs. I gained a total of 45, so I'm hoping the rest comes off when I'm cleared to exercise and I start eating better. Im hoping to get Lila out for a walk in her stroller tomorrow, its supposed to be 70 and sunny. So far she has only been out of the house for her two dr appts. I'm trying to keep her away from crowds until 6 weeks or so.

We will be making a 2 hour trip in a couple weeks to our hometown! I hope that goes well.

Well, my little love is waking up, better see what she needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment