Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Baby #2: 35 weeks and 35 days to go!

We are another week closer! I am 35 weeks tomorrow, but I had a bit of time to post today so I am. I'm definitely feeling 9 months pregnant now. I'm large and waddling and just a bit grumpy. I don't think I felt quite like this until about 39 or 40 weeks last time! I hope that means I will go into labor earlier, but who knows.

I also have some new symptoms that make me think that the baby will come before 41 weeks this time: lots of lower back pain and period-type cramps. I'm hoping this means that my body is doing something to get ready earlier this time. When I was in labor last time I was barely 2 cm when I got to the hospital! So I hope that I begin to soften and progress a bit sooner this time. But I've talked to a few friends and they all mentioned crampy feelings in the last month, so I think it's normal.

I'm doing a lot to prepare for the birth this time around, with the hopes that I will be able to go into labor in December and have an easy vaginal birth! I've talked about my Hypnobabies practice, which I am keeping up with pretty well and loving! I'm drinking a ton of red raspberry leaf tea (which helps tone the uterus and make contractions more effective). I'm also seeing a chiropractor on Thursday that specializes in pregnant moms to help with the baby's alignment. I'm pretty sure Rosie is posterior (sunny side up) because I feel little hands near my pelvic bone and some other signs. I would like her to get moving anterior before my birthing time. Anterior babies are more likely to come on time the labors are easier and quicker with less pushing, you are also more likely to avoid "back labor" with a correctly positioned baby.

I'm trying to do a lot of postures and exercises to encourage the anterior position too, sitting on my birth ball, doing pelvic rocks (cat/cow yoga moves), not putting my feet up or laying back at all, and sitting Indian style or at least leaning forward. Apparently the worst position is reclining with your feet up. That's exactly what I did for much of the 2 weeks prior to Lila's birth! Oops.

We are gearing up for the holidays and looking forward to some family time before the baby waiting game begins. I'm really excited to celebrate Thanksgiving with family and get started on all of the fun Christmas traditions! Lila understands so much more this year and she is so excited. She can't wait to put up the tree and I am so thrilled to be able to share all my favorite holiday things with her.

My next appointment isn't actually until Dec 2, just shy of 37 weeks. Because of Thanksgiving, I wasn't able to get in earlier, which is fine with me. I will then begin weekly appointments until baby Rosie's arrival. I really hope that I only have 3-4 appointments left! I really really hope she comes before Christmas or at least before New Years Eve. I know I can't really do much about it, but please send good vibes!

Here I am at 35 weeks!




1 comment:

  1. Great update, Lindsay :-) I'm Heather and I was wondering if you could answer my question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete