Friday, September 30, 2011

Already the life of the party

I think my daughter is already more popular in "school" than I ever was. Lila is a natural extrovert so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that she's the life of the party at daycare! I dropped her off this morning (which is rare - I usually just do pick up) and you should've seen the reaction. The other babies flocked to her and hugged her and couldn't stop talking about "La-la!"... "La-la is here!" Of course she just grinned and laughed and waved hello!

One of the daycare teachers even said, "Can you tell Lila is the class favorite?" Another one of the sweet teachers at daycare has been making bows and headbands for Lila and leaving them for me to pick up every once in a while... just because she'd look cute in them!

I love that Lila is outgoing and has a nice personality already. I really don't know what I would do with a shy child. I've heard from other moms who sort of struggle with a son or daughter that has a different disposition than they have. I'm pretty outgoing and Neil is even more sociable than I am so we are really excited to have a little social butterfly on our hands!

I had to laugh the other day when I was walking in to the daycare and a little boy who I'd never met asked excitedly.. "Are you Lila's mommy? She is so funny!"

Yep. That's me. Lila's mommy. And I couldn't be more proud!

2 comments: