Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thinking positive

These past 5 or 6 weeks that I've known about the pregnancy have had tons of ups and downs. I was a whole mess of emotions when I took that first positive pregnancy test - shocked and scared and happy all at once. The weeks since then I've had days where I've been elated about the baby, wondering if I'm ready, scared something was wrong, feeling sick and miserable and just about everything in between.

To put my worries and fears to rest, I've tried to stop reading abut the bad things that could happen and just surround myself with good thoughts. I've been reading happy birth stories and thinking about all the fun things about pregnancy and having a baby.

One thing that I've been thinking about a lot is the nursery. We've already picked the room we are going to use (in fact, we've known since we bought the house 4 years ago), and I'm not even going to repaint! The walls are a really pretty light aqua (Behr Teal Ice) which I think will go really well whether we have a boy or a girl. The color is similar to this:




Now, if its a girl, I'm going use hot pink bedding and accessories and white furniture. I love polka dots!




For a boy, I'm thinking of browns and tans with the aqua blue.



I'll definitely do some kind of painted or decorated letters with the baby's name and I must get a comfy glider with a footrest! I can't wait to get started on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment