Monday, July 26, 2010

Heartbeat and 11 weeks!

I was so nervous before my appointment this morning. I'm generally an optimistic person but I kept worrying about every little thing. I think I was just freaking myself out a little bit. Neil came with me and we showed up around 8:30 and it seemed like it took forever to call us back. There were very pregnant ladies everywhere! I felt kind of like an impostor because you can't tell I'm pregnant yet! In fact, they weighed me and I've only gained about 3 lbs. I think most of that is because I just got back from vacation and had the Melting Pot on Saturday and have been eating badly for a week or so!

I had a great time at the beach. I wasn't feeling completely like myself because I'm so tired/exhausted all the time and have nausea pretty much constantly. I like to be more active on vacations, but I just have to get used to moving a little slower now. I'm also having pretty bad tailbone pain off and on, which really sucks. All in all it was an excellent, relaxing trip. I know we'll be glad we went ahead and went on vacation.

Anyway, back to the appointment. After she weighed me and went over a few things, they had me grab Neil and the nurse went to get the fetal doppler. It took a few minutes but eventually a very strong galloping heartbeat came out of the doppler speakers. She did a count and said it was about 160 beats per minute, which is at the top of the normal range. It was the best sound ever! I feel so relieved. It's hard to explain if you haven't been through it, but without hearing the heartbeat or seeing an ultrasound you start to wonder if your body is just messing with you with all the weird symptoms. I started to think it was in my head or something!

I'm just so happy that everything is okay. Neil seems really thrilled as well. It is feeling really REAL now!!

I also met with a new doctor today. She was really nice. She confirmed my due date of February 14 and did an internal exam and a Pap. She said I definitely felt pregnant! This was also great to hear! My next appointment is at 15 weeks in late August. After that one, we'll get the gender ultrasound at 19 weeks! I cannot wait! It's killing me not to know the gender. I want to address the baby in some way, and I find myself saying "Little guy" or "Little dude" even though we don't know if it's a boy or not. I just can't wait to find out.

Here are some highlights for 11 weeks:

How Far Along:
11 weeks, almost out of the 1st trimester
Total Weight Gain: 3 lbs
Maternity Clothes: None.
Sleep: I'm not as tired lately which is great! I am still waking up every night to pee, but usually fall right back asleep.
Best Moment this week: Laying on the beach, walking on the beach, swimming in the pool, eating delicious food!
Gender: I'm getting more and more split on this. I am barely leaning boy. I think we might get surprised and have it be a girl.
Movement: None. The doctor said I might not feel anything until 20 weeks or so.
Food Craving: Nothing in particular.
Symptoms: Same as every other week, plus sore tailbone!
What I miss: Really missing sushi right now.
What I am looking forward to: My parents visit this weekend and my haircut on Wednesday morning!

Yay for 11 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment