Tuesday, July 20, 2010

10 weeks

Today I am 10 weeks and 1 day! A week from now we will have heard the heartbeat at the doctor's office and will be a little closer to the end of the first trimester. And 10 weeks from now we will have an ultrasound and find out if the babe is a little dude or a sweet baby girl. I cannot wait for that! I think once we know the sex I'll really allow myself to start buying stuff and start making decisions on furniture and just about everything else!

But, for now, in week 10, I've still been having all the standard pregnancy symptoms - nausea, mild cramps and stretching, waking up in the middle of the night, etc. I actually purchased some Sea Bands to help with morning sickness which I hope will work out well. I've tried them here and there and they seem to work, but they kind of irritate my arms a little bit. Oh and I look really cool when I wear them out in public.

The baby is really going to town in there with the growing. This week, it's the size of a lime! Not only does that make me miss the occasional Corona, but it's shocking to me because that's an actual fruit! Not a raisin or a prune or the head of a pin but a LIME! Keep growing little one, you'll be a watermelon in no time!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 10 weeks
Total Weight Gain: Haven't weighed myself lately, but I think about 2-3 pounds
Maternity Clothes: None, but I did by some shorts a size bigger so I can have something to wear for the rest of the summer!
Sleep: I'm sleeping A LOT lately but it's never enough. I wake up at least once a night, and sometimes it takes me an hour or so to get back to sleep
Best Moment this week: A friend's wedding this past weekend! Cruel joke to put me next to the bar, though. Not cool. :)
Gender: Still thinking boy!
Movement: I swear the baby jumped when I was watching a show and got scared. I know this is crazy and highly unlikely.
Food Craving: Smoothies, chocolate chip cookies, cereal
Symptoms: Tired, cramps/nausea, some bloating, sore boobs!
What I miss: Being able to stay up late
What I am looking forward to: Going on vacation! We leave for the beach today! And my OB appointment next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment