Monday, July 12, 2010

9 weeks pregnant

9 weeks today! I can't believe it. We are finally allowing ourselves get the word out about our little one and it is truly starting to sink in. I can't believe I'm going to be a mom. I'm so excited but of course so apprehensive and scared too.

The last few days I've felt pretty crappy. I've had pretty constant nausea which gets worse when I go too long without eating, ride in a car, brush my teeth, or get too hot! I feel extremely lucky that I haven't actually vomited yet. I hear so many stories of moms who threw up multiple times a day from weeks 4-12 or more. I'll take my mild nausea and bloating, thank you!

Our little baby is about an inch long and is hopefully developing just fine. According to Babycenter, the baby is looking more and more like a baby and less like a tadpole. The tail is gone and the baby's organs, including the heart are being formed and starting to function. Its sex organs are being formed now as well, but we won't find out if this little one is a boy or a girl for 9 or 10 more weeks when we have our first ultrasound.



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 9 weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have gained 1-2 pounds since the start of my pregnancy
Maternity Clothes: None
Sleep: I am sleeping better. I woke up in the middle of the night to pee and also wasn't feeling to well, but the last week or so I've been sleeping through the night.
Best Moment this week: Sharing the news with friends and coworkers
Gender: Won't know for a while, but we're thinking boy.
Movement: None
Food Craving: Smoothies, slushies, anything cold
Symptoms: Tired, cramps/nausea, some bloating, sore boobs!
What I miss: Beer, wine, sushi, lunchmeat, rollercoasters
What I am looking forward to: My appointment in two weeks. We get to hear the heartbeat!

Stay tuned for more details. I'm hoping to post the "how we found out" story soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment