Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Baby #2: 39 weeks

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and I'm feeling pretty good. I went to the doctor on Monday and I am dilated to 1 cm! That doesn't sound like a lot to most people, but I was thrilled. That tells me that my body is progressing and is doing something earlier than last time! I wasn't 1cm until past 41 weeks with Lila. I know this still means I could go overdue, but I'll take it!

My blood pressure was pretty good (130 over 78) and I have very little swelling going on. I am having some Braxton Hicks and some cramps and back pain but nothing major. I go back on Dec 23 but I may reschedule for Dec 26 or 27, just to give myself a chance to go into labor without even going in to see the docs again before my due date. I mean really, what's the point?

Rosalie is still very active in there which is reassuring. I really don't have much to say other than we are just finishing up last minute Christmas shopping and activities and trying to get together with people before the baby comes. I don't have a true feeling either way, but I do want to meet her so I'd like her to come soon, but I'm fine with her waiting until after Christmas.

I'm excited to have my family come visit us for a week next week but they may be sick of us if they end up having to come right back if the baby isn't here yet and then decides to show! It's all so unpredictable!

I'll add a photo later on if I take one today or tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment