Monday, October 11, 2010

A letter to my daughter

My sweet Lila,

I was in a little bit of a funk yesterday and I finally realized it's because I miss you. I know that sounds crazy because I haven't technically even met you yet, but its been a month since I saw your little face on the ultrasound monitor. I cannot wait to see your sweet face again and meet you in person. I'm so tempted to pay for a 3d/4d ultrasound, even though I said I wouldn't do that. I just want to see you again and see how you've grown and changed.

I've also realized this month that I love you! I mean, ever since I found out about you in June I've of course been thrilled and excited. But since finding out you were a baby girl and feeling you move in there, I've really fallen in love with you. I think your dad is pretty smitten too. He has felt you kick and we actually SAW you kick this weekend. It was really cool. You must be getting strong in there if I can already see your kicks. I just know you are getting really big and healthy, baby girl!

I've had some dreams about you and you are so beautiful and such a good baby. I never truly imagined myself with a daughter, but I am honestly so excited and honored to get to be your mom. I know nothing about taking care of a baby and your daddy and I might screw up a little in the beginning, but we just plan on loving you like crazy! When we are in the throes of sleep deprivation and exhaustion here in a few months, I'm just going to kiss your face and hold you and hopefully it will all be okay!

There are so many people out here in the world who can't wait to meet you. You have four pretty awesome grandparents who can't wait to hold you and love on you. You have lots of aunts and uncles (real and honorary) and even a few little friends who will get to grow up with you.

But most of all baby, you have an amazing daddy! I cannot wait for you to meet him. He makes me laugh everyday and I know our life will be filled with even more happiness when you get here. He is the best husband, friend and person ever, so I have no doubt he'll be the best dad to you as well. I can't wait to see you two together. We're going to have so much fun!

Hopefully I can get another glimpse of you in 3D before you're born. If not, I really will see you soon. Just a few more months until you'll be here to really join our family. But in a lot of ways you're already a part of it. I love you and I'll see you soon baby girl.

Love,
Your mama.

2 comments:

  1. LINDSAY- that is the sweetest, most heart felt letter I've ever read, and you're right her grandparents have SO MUCH LOVE to give her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. Hard to think of my daughter as a "Mama". That was always me before. Be patient. Lila will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete