Thursday, November 5, 2009

Planning for Christmas already?

We go to a big Christmas party every year at my fabulous gay uncles' house (actually one of them is my husband's second cousin). Anyway - they are an awesome couple in their 40s who have impeccable taste in decor, music and food which is totally a gay cliche but its true in this case. Their holiday party is a huge event with over a hundred people with full costumed performances on the stage in their basement and it is just an awesome time - something I look forward to every year.

Well, their party this year (which is exactly one month away!) is Broadway-themed and I'm slated to sing a few songs on stage - so of course I'm already planning my outfit. I want to look festive and fun - and since I'll be performing and mingling with lots of people I don't want to be too hot in my outfit - so chunky sweaters are out.

I blogged about my new zebra top in my last post - and I'm thinking it might be perfect for the occasion if I can dress it up and "Christmas-ize" it a little bit. It will be cool enough because its short sleeved, but I'll be sure to bring a cardigan; and its crazy and ruffly and zebra so it fits exactly the mood of this party.

Here is my initial thought on the outfit for now:

christmas party 1

I definitely want to add red to the outfit in some way - I thought the belt was just the touch it needed. Too bad I don't have a thick wide belt! I'll probably also wear dangly earrings and a sparkly bracelet.

I'm sure I'll change my mind on the outfit a few more times - but I'm definitely thinking the zebra top is the right choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment