Monday, July 15, 2013

Baby #2: 16 and 17 Weeks

I will be 17 weeks this Wednesday! Wow! This pregnancy is flying by and half the time I forget I'm pregnant. This pregnancy has been so easy so far I can see now how someone could not know they were pregnant. I always thought that was crazy, but other than not having a period, I could truly dismiss most of my other mild symptoms and just think I was crazy bloated or just getting fat from eating too many carbs.

I did wake up in the middle of the night on Friday in a lot of pain. It felt almost like labor! Very bad cramps and back pain. So much so that I had to wake Neil up to help me! He rubbed my back and got me Tylenol and a heat pack. I was a little freaked out that something might be wrong, but I think it was just uterus stretching and soreness from working out. Glad that's over!

I have a lot more energy now, so I'm trying to take walks everyday and I've started adding some yoga and strength training. I haven't worked out regularly in 6+ months, so it's time to get moving! I gained close to 50 lbs with Lila and I am hoping to keep it under 35 lbs with this one and I think exercise will help me a lot!

We have marked a few other things off the baby-related to-do list. I got a new car! We replaced my 9-year-old tiny manual everything (but transmission) Chevy Aveo with a 2012 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid with less than 200 miles on it and power everything, leather seats, awesome sunroof and touch screen navigation. I'm feelin' fancy and life and commute are much smoother with power locks and more space! We also ordered and received another video monitor just like the one we use with Lila. We love it and wanted to get another camera and receiver. Done!

Lila talks about "her" baby a lot. She kisses my belly and thinks she has a baby in her belly too. The other day after we got home she said, "I want to check my baby." She went to my bedside table and got the doppler, headphones and gel and started putting it on her belly and rubbing the doppler around. I also overheard her "talking to her sister" on her fake phone. She mentions "her sister" often. It's so stinkin' cute. I hope she understands if sister is actually a brother. So excited to find out in 23 DAYS! Not that I'm counting down or anything!

Well here is my 16/17 week update and belly shot. I'm wearing stripes again and sorry for the blurry photo. It's the best I could do today!





No comments:

Post a Comment