Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Baby #2: 12 Weeks

Here we are, already 3 months along with baby #2! It is definitely going by faster this time. We found out in mid-April and we were a bit shocked because it was our first month trying and because of travel our chances seemed slim. I was temping/charting and using the Fertility Friend app and it actually said "Pregnancy chances = low" so we thought we'd be avoiding a Christmas baby. But, nope! We are definitely expecting and my due date has been confirmed 12-25-13!

I have mixed feelings on the Christmas due date. I really love Christmas but I think it might be a crappy time to have a birthday. I don't want this child to feel neglected! So if his or her birthday ends up being between Dec 23-27 I think we might want to observe the birthday earlier/later or even in June!

The other due date difficulty is that if I go overdue (which is likely since Lila was born at 41 weeks and 3 days) we will be having a January baby and paying an insurance deductible for both 2013 and 2014. It's also confusing for insurance when your entire pregnancy is in one year and the birth and hospital stay is in another. But these are really small things when you look at the big picture.

I am sure I will post about this topic a lot, but I am hoping to deliver this baby VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean). I am scared out of my mind but after doing a lot of research I really do think it is the best option. I've been told that I'm a good candidate and as long as I go into labor on my own by 42 weeks I will be given the opportunity to try for the VBAC. If not, I will have to have a c-section because they won't do any induction techniques at all. I know I have 6 months but it is hard not to worry about such a big decision! I definitely have had times where I've changed my mind and just want the c-section. I am not sure how I will feel as December gets closer.

Here is my Week 12 update!


No comments:

Post a Comment