Friday, April 27, 2012

Lila at 14 months

This little girl is changing so much I don't even know where to start. She turned 14 months old on the 23rd. We've been having such a great time with her. She is practically running around everywhere and is so solid on her feet now. She can squat and get back up and walk, climbs much better (help me), and  is talking up a storm. She is still a sweetheart but the girl can throw a mean tantrum if she wants to.



Weight/Height/Sizes:
We don't know exactly, but I think she's 20.5 lbs from weighing her on the scale with me. She looks a lot taller so I am betting 30 inches. Still wearing 12 and 18 months clothes and size 3 and 4 shoes. We are letting the size 3 diapers run out and will be getting size 4s next.

Talking:
Her language and vocabulary skills are going crazy! I can't keep track of all the words she knows and understands. Here are the ones I remember off the top of my head:

Mama, dada, baba
Bye, hi
No (of course)
Dog (and will bark back at dogs)
Baby
Duck (and quack)
Uh oh
Oh
Car
Truck
Balloon
Eye (can identify)
Ear (can identify, but not every time)
Bubble
Ball
Look 
Book
Shoe
and more I can't think of at the moment..

Phrases: I want it, I got it, What's this, etc..







Developmental stuff:

Knows some body parts. Can point to head, hair, eye, ear, nose (sometimes), shoulders and belly.

Can identify some animals and sounds: Barks like a dog. Baa for sheep, Moo for cow, quack for duck, "sniffs" for bunny, monkey sound for monkey. 

Lots of outside play lately! She loves to play with chalk, bubbles, ride on toys and her play lawnmower. She also likes to eat chalk, dandelions, dirt and mulch. I try to discourage that!



Tries to put on hats/bows, socks and shoes herself. Loves to put things around her neck like a scarf.

Can throw her own diaper in the trash when I ask her to. But this has backfired on me with her piqued interest in the trash can. I've found her clothes, the remote, and sippy cups in there!

Follows directions like "Bring mommy the ball", "Take the doll to daddy" "Go to your room".

Can throw and kick a ball! Not very coordinated though.

Getting better at simple puzzles, stacking games, sorting things, can put lids on things

Loves to carry baskets and boxes around the house

Hugs, rocks and pats dolls and other toys. And says "aww".

Will sometimes give us kisses and hugs if we ask. She pats us on the back when we get hugs!

Still scared of some men. Like terrified. Still a little scared of the vacuum.


Dances all the time. She has so many crazy moves. Our favorites being "Deep and wide" arm movements, head banging and the butt shake.

Tries to sing the ABCs (of course she is way to young to know her ABCs.. she just tries to sing along) and the Bubble Guppies song.

She is a super happy, expressive, funny and social child. I love her personality! She's a lot like Neil and I... silly and laid back. She fits in really well. 

Motion:
Walking readily. She is so adorable!! She's almost running. Pivots around in a circle! Dances. Can squat and get up. Climbs up to standing on her kids size chairs. Tries to climb in and out of the tub. Still can only go up stairs and not down. We've taken her to the park and an indoor play place Jump n Jacks and she is loving her new freedom and skills!!

Sleeping:
Still mainly 2 naps a day. Short one in the morning, longer after lunch for around 2-3 hours total. 11-12 hours at night. 


Eating:
Still eating very well, especially at lunch! She is completely on cow's milk now (will only drink 2%, not whole), but its still from a bottle. Still 4oz 3-4 times a day. If she gains weight at her 15 month appointment I think I might ditch the bottles for the cup. She will only drink 1-2oz of milk from a cup each time and I still worry about her weight, so I'm okay with her taking a bottle until I know her weight is okay.

She loves yogurt, meat in any form, peas, broccoli, graham crackers, beans, bananas, peaches and applesauce. She is getting pretty good with a fork and spoon. And I'm starting to let her use a plate.

I wish I could find my camera bag so I could post some of the photos I took from the last month or so. All I have are these crappy phone pictures. I have some really cute ones from Easter. Oh well!

Well, I think she is doing well all in all! She's happy and healthy. Our next steps are getting rid of the bottle. Probably dropping the morning nap in the next month or two, and we'll be getting a potty soon just to start exposing her to it. This is a super fun age. We are just having a blast with her.

1 comment:

  1. She's growing up too fast! Tell her to slow down a bit!!! I can tell your house is now centered around Lila cause of all the toys in the background of the last photo! he he! I miss you guys so much! Keep the updates coming! :)

    ReplyDelete