Lila turned 2 months on Saturday! She has changed so much in the last month!
Weight - 11 lb, 4 oz ~ 40th %
Length - 23 in ~ 60th %
Head circumference - 15 ~ 50th %
Lila is still pretty average in size, just a bit on the longer/leaner side. She's definitely not a chunky, fat-roll kind of baby.
Diapers: Still size 1, and we still go thru 8-10 a day!
Clothes: 0-3 months and 3 month sizes and some 3-6 months. Some of her sleepers are getting too short and she's outgrown her Swaddleme wrap which was for up to 12 lbs.
Eating: Lila has spaced out her feedings to about every 3 hours during the day and hasn't had many crazy cluster feeding sessions this month. She's still doing really well with nursing and has also taken a bottle a few times from Neil or my mom. I'm trying to pump and start a freezer stash but I can't seem to find the time to pump, wash bottles etc while I'm trying to take care of her during the day. I only have 4 oz in the freezer, ha ha! Better get going on that.
Sleep: She is really hitting her stride with sleeping, usually around 7 consecutive hours a night from around midnight - 7am. Sometimes she falls asleep early (like 10:30) and will sleep til 6 or so. She still has her nights where she wakes up at 3:30 or 4 ready to eat, but goes right back to sleep. In the next few months I'm hoping to try to get her to sleep earlier (and 8:30 or 9 would be awesome!) just to make sure she's getting enough sleep and to give Neil and I some time together in the evenings. I also want to try to start doing a short bedtime routine with her. She's still sleeping in our bedroom in her bassinet, and still enjoys being swaddled.
- Started really cooing (mostly Ahh sounds, but some Oohs and some consonants like Gaa)
- Rolled over from belly to back (just once and it took her forever!)
- She's smiling a lot and early in April started giggling! It's the best sound ever!!
- We do tummy time everyday and she doesn't really like it, but she can lift her head pretty well and get up on her knees for a bit
- She can sometimes put her own pacifier back in her mouth when it falls out
- She can bear some weight on her legs while we hold her up
- Seems to recognize mommy and daddy's voices
- Seems to be seeing a lot better and for longer distances
- Has a much longer attention span and awake times
- Looks at and bats at toys
- Her eyes are much bluer, hair on top much blonder. She still has dark hair in the back
- Still looks like a pretty equal mix of me and Neil. Of course some people say she looks just like me, or just like Neil!
- Her hands are so big now! Her feet really haven't grown that much. She can wear newborn shoes (0-6 weeks)
- Baby acne cleared around 6 or 7 weeks. She still has her splotchy moments, but looks so much better!
Trip out of town - To Portsmouth (2 hour drive) at 5 weeks. Slept the whole drive and did great staying at my parents' house!
Restaurant - At almost 6 weeks we went to a casual restaurant with Elizabeth and Rachel. She slept the whole time!
Store - 6 weeks old to Target
Okay I realize I'm a crazy mom, but I really do think she has some favorites or preferences already!
Songs - I sing to her all the time! Our favorites: "Edelweiss" from Sound of Music, "Goodnight my Someone" from Music Man, "Tonight" from West Side Story, "You Are My Sunshine", "Beautiful Beautiful Brown Eyes" (changed to BLUE of course), "Someone to Watch Over Me" by Gershwin, "Baby Mine" from Dumbo, "As Long As You're Mine" from Wicked... Can we say Broadway Baby?!
Color - Can she even see colors yet? Haha.. it's probably pink!
Animal - I swear she reacts more to cows than any other animal in books, etc..
Blanket - Pink and white striped one from her Great Grandma Miller
Her carseat, and car rides
Her pacifier (didn't like it in her first month)
Ceiling fans and light fixtures
Bathtime and naked time until she gets cold!
Lila doesn't like:
Missing her naps
Her swing (side to side)
She's really a joy. I understand now what people mean about how amazing it is to be a parent. I love her unconditionally and wholeheartedly! She is such a good baby and makes us laugh all the time. It's not always easy or fun, but I really I'm trying to cherish every moment with her.
My life has changed so much since she's arrived. In some ways I miss how it used to be: the sleep, the alone time, my old body, eating at a leisurely pace, and especially time with Neil. But, it's getting easier and better everyday and totally worth it. She is growing up before our eyes and time is flying by! I can't wait to see how she changes in the next month. Happy 2 month birthday Miss Lila!