Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Rosalie is 1 Month Old!

Rosie turned one month old on Sunday 1/26! She is getting to be such a big girl. Here she is at one month:




And of course a comparison with Lila at one month old, just for fun. Yes that's the exact same outfit, down to the socks. Lila on the left, Rosie on the right.



Rosie's stats at one month:

Weight - 10 lb 6 oz
Length - 22.5 in
Head circumference - 14.5 

Diapers: Size 1

Clothes: She is in 0-3 months. Some things are still way too big and some things seem too short. I think she has long legs.

Eating: Rosie eats every 2-3 hours during the day and usually goes 4-5 hours at night. Those long stretches usually start around 11-midnight, she's up at 4 or 5am to eat and then back to sleep until 8 or so. She is nursing so well and she is a very quick eater. We started bottles around 2 weeks old and she does really well with them. She has had breastmilk and formula in a bottle and does fine!

Sleep: She is a very sleepy baby and is still rarely awake! She will sleep in the swing, the boppy on the couch and the bassinet, but loves to be in our arms most of all. She puts herself to sleep sometimes so we don't do a lot of rocking and shushing and swaying like we did with Lila. We swaddle with her arms out unless her hands seem cold. She is a loud sleeper and grunts a lot.

Nicknames: We pretty much call her Rosie, sweetie, goofy/goof and "the baby". 

Mommy update / recovery: My recovery has been really good with this birth and compared to my c-section it's been night and day. The first week I felt a lot of discomfort and was taking pain meds, etc. Week 2 I was pretty good except I had some issues with clogged ducts and was running a mild fever. I feel almost back to normal now. Once I go to my 6 week checkup I plan to start working out and eating better so I can start looking more like myself! I gained about 50-55 lbs with this pregnancy and I have about 30 lbs to lose to get back to pre-pregnancy weight!

Milestones / Things to remember:

Rosie's umbilical cord stump fell off super early, like 4 days old!
She likes the bath! It seems to calm her down
She started smiling at 4 weeks. Melts my heart!
We are starting to do tummy time, but she is so mellow she just lays there
Still has all her dark hair
First outing other than the doctor's office was Target at 3 weeks
First outing with both kids was Buy Buy Baby! Neil went with me, so I haven't done a solo trip yet

Here are some other shots from the month:



We love our Rosie girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment