I've seen a few other bloggers participating in Everyday Mama's "25 things" blog hop and I’ve jumped on the bandwagon. My life is pretty Lila-centric these days, so it took me a while to come up 25 things about myself!
1. I've gotten my hair highlighted since I was a young teenager. Except for a brief 2 months where I went brunette, I've always been blonde
2. I was a waitress for about 6 weeks when I was 16. I was pretty bad and gave most of my tables to the other girls so they could get the tips (they had families and I was lazy!)
3. I have a weird obsession with my Starbucks water cup. I am rarely without it and probably don't wash it nearly enough! It has a Christmas straw but I don't care
4. My husband takes care of the bills, taxes and our budget and I'd be totally lost if I ever had to do it. I have my own checking account and credit card, but that's all I keep track of (and barely do that).
5. My Starbucks orders: Skinny Vanilla Latte (iced in summer/hot in winter), Iced Decaf Americano (decaf/summer), Iced Venti unsweetened Green Tea (tea/summer)
6. My favorite store is probably TJ Maxx but I love Target too! Luckily both are minutes from my house
7. One of the things I miss the most about my pre-baby life is staying up way too late watching hours of Dexter or whatever show Neil and I were hooked on and sleeping in until 10 on the weekends
8. I've done everything a few years sooner than I thought I would... master's degree at 22, married at 22, bought first house at 23, first baby at 27... hoping this means we'll retire and move to the beach earlier too?
9. We eat at Chick fil A once a week.
10. I thought I'd be way more germaphobic with my daughter. If she drops a toy or pacifier on the ground I only make a menial effort to clean it off. Maybe this is why she still has a lingering cough after 3 weeks
11. I'm not a pet person. I especially dislike cats. I used to want a dog, but I'm so glad I didn't get one. I'm also allergic to all animals except for rabbits.
12. If my life is ever interesting enough to make a movie out of, I'd want either Claire Danes or Katie Holmes to play me and Footloose-era Kevin Bacon to play Neil
13. If I could wear flip flips 365 days a year I would
14. I love to do things sitting down that many people do standing at a mirror - putting on makeup, fixing my hair, etc.. If I could straighten my hair laying down I'd do it
15. I used to HATE leopard and zebra print and thought they were the tackiest things ever. Now I love them!
16. I love fashion and shopping, but since I'm 15 lbs heaver than normal right now I can't wear much in my closet and don't really want to buy anything new either! This will probably be my least fashionable fall ever
17. Speaking of weight, in the last 5 years I've been all over the place. I was 130 lbs at my wedding in 2006 and almost 200 in February at 41 weeks pregnant! My goal is 150 but would love to be around 145. I also used to be shy about people knowing my weight, but now I really could care less! FYI I'm 5'8".
18. Being a mom has really put a lot of things in perspective. It's made me realize that I used to care too much about a lot of stupid stuff!
19. My favorite holiday is Valentine's Day and it sucked last year. It was my due date and Lila didn't come until the 23rd. Maybe V-Day 2012 will be better
20. My most embarrassing guilty pleasure is watching Degrassi on Teen Nick. I LOVE it. I'm at least 10 years too old for this show but still watch it and have for a long time. New episodes are on every night right now and I watch them in the mornings when I'm getting ready
21. I love to read! My favorite books are memoirs of people with messed up childhoods, weird disorders and hilarious lives. I loved Glass Castle, Running with Scissors, Girl Named Zippy and anything by David Sedaris.
22. One of my favorite things to do is just sit outside in the sun and read or people watch
23. I'm so lucky to have a fabulous husband. We are so compatible and just have so much fun! It's hard adjusting to being new parents, and we've gotten on each other's nerves more than normal lately, but he is an incredible husband and father and makes me laugh every single day.
24. My favorite foods are broccoli, chicken, chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter. Not in that order.
25. My favorite season used to be summer, but after so many consecutive 90+ days and over 100 degree heat index, I'm so ready for fall!